Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Ten Songs of 2008



Top 10 of 2008



It was hard enough for me to narrow my top songs down to a list of 10, so these are in no particular order.

#1 Britney Spears- Womanizer
Because, who isn't excited to see Britney comeback?

#2 Robin Thicke- Dreamworld
This song was not a single but his voice gets me every time.

#3 Kings of Leon- Use Somebody
Just an all around beautiful and sexy song

#4 John Legend feat. Andre 3000- Green Light
A soulful voice and a great beat to move to...what more could you ask for?

#5 Duffy- Mercy
Duffy's first single, and a great song

#6 Beyonce- If I Were a Boy
I'm not usually a Beyonce fan, but this song (and video) is too good not to include on the list

#7 Lady GaGa- Just Dance
Probably the song of the summer, definitely a fun song to dance to

#8 M.I.A.- Paper Planes
M.I.A.'s first album flew somewhat under the radar (still amazing), but thanks to the movie Pineapple Express, Paper Planes became a huge hit this year

#9 Justin Nozuka- After Tonight
This song was on repeat on my ipod for month; the rest of the album "Holly" is good too

#10 New Kids on the Block feat. Ne Yo- Single
I was only 3 when the hit "Hangin' Tough" came out, but my then 10 year old sister brought New Kids into my life then, and they still hold a special place in my heart...any of you lucky enough to go to their comeback tour understands.

Honorable Mentions:
Ting Tings- Shut up and let me go
Ne Yo- Closer
The Killers- Human

* I highly recommend getting all the albums on the list. Especially:
The Killers "Day & Age"


Kings of Leon "Only by the Night"


Robin Thicke "Something Else"


Thoughts on my list? Anything you think should be added or removed?

9 comments:

  1. Great song list. MIA was def my song of the year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love the Britney comeback!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that MIA song so much, it was one of the first i put on my new ipod! while rap/hiphop may not be your music of choice, i think "live your life" by TI belongs on the list! It was a pretty big hit this year.

    would you like to trade links? :)

    xx
    emma from young and in style

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the top 10! And Im thinking I need VS model wallpaper all over my house to help me stay motivated not to eat crap!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list- Good choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the songs!! nice blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new Britney! I'm rooting for her big time. Nice list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the killers album! Of course Kings Of Leon and MIA are both awesome too! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!