Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 Resolutions

We realize we are a little late on the resolutions, but we wanted to REALLY think them through and pick some that are attainable, and will make us be better versions of the fabulous people we already are :)


So here they are-in no order- our combined resolutions

*SAVE MONEY!- With my first real paychecks in 2008 came real splurges( I now realize I didn't need to buy 10 bags this year) I could have traveled, invested, put new cabinets in my condo. And if I do spend, it needs to be special.

*Be healthier-go to the gym, eat more organic food when possible, cut out the Sprinkles cupcakes comfort food, and White Mochas. Bring a lunch to work instead of getting Baja Fresh. Doing a better job at this will help with above resolution.

*Always remember this quote from Marilyn Monroe. Relationships and friendships end. The people I once was close with may not fit into my life anymore, and thats ok. Stop blaming myself and dwelling.




I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they go right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart, so that better things can fall together

*Go on more dates-enough said. We do not want to become cat ladies.

*Be more Assertive

*Make a better effort to stay in touch with family and college friends

*Put in more of an effort: whether it be going to church more, not snapping at my parents when it is not their fault(they often get the misguided anger that is really addressed at my job/friends/water heater.)

*and following many of you readers, dress more Euro. I don't have to dress up for work unless we have a meeting, so I am in a R-U-T. I think I have worn my j brand jeans and North Face for a week straight( that is an exaggeration, but only barely.)

11 comments:

  1. haha these are great. and i definitely need to copy the staying in touch with friends one. Its just too easy to only be friends who are conveniently close to you.

    and funny about the cat lady part
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fab resolutions echo some of my own - best of luck for 2009! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Marilyn quote!

    These are great resolutions. Thanks for the comment on my blog, and good luck with the resolutions listed above. Can't wait to hear about everything that happens in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan. can i just add that the words against the background are a little hard for me to me. I really have to focus. is it just me??

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are such fab resolutions. i totally understand wanting to update your look and being stuck in a rut - at my old job you could literally wear jeans and converse to work every day...so one of my resolutions is also to reinvent my look this year!

    "go on more dates!" yes, me too!

    and i love this quote you've posted. i'm going to copy it and print it out...put it somewhere i can see every day.

    here's to '09!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great resolutions, I especially like "be more assertive," I should add that to my list.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Enjoying yours, I'll check back again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to add "be healthier" to my list.
    and i LOVE that Marilyn quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. on my blog i've thanked you for posting the marilyn quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was referred by Kay of Apartment TBD...and I'm glad I stopped by. Your list is great as are the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great resolutions! Thank you so much for sharing that Marilyn quote-I think I'm gonna have to tack that up in my room somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!