Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good...part deux

Apparently, we were wrong when we said we wouldn't see each other until the end of Feb! Sara flew down to Sunny Los Angeles this weekend, and we soaked up the sun!! We thought we would share some more pictures from our weekend

Photobucket
awk angle and timer pic, but in my apartment before getting some drinks on Friday night

Photobucket

3rd Street Santa Monica...what a gorgeous Saturday

Photobucket
Sprinkles Cupcakes

Inspired by Emily's post from the Rose Bowl flea market, we hit up Melrose Trading Post on Sunday, and we grabbed some goodies

Photobucket
reconstructed vintage dresses

Photobucket

geek chic heaven!

Photobucket

I didn't grab this vintage Louis suitcase, but am now wondering....

Photobucket
all of our finds: dresses, boots, two pairs of geek chic glasses, sunnies, necklaces, the complete works of William Shakespeare, and a book on the History of Yale football

Photobucket
Yesterday, we headed to the Reagan Library because I read an article that the Magna Carta was there, and we're both history nerds. Sadly, I did not read the date, it is not there for another week. But we did see Air Force One, which was used by SEVEN Former Presidents, and was redesigned by Jackie Kennedy


Now we REALLY won't see each other for a month :( But we are loving these mini vacations to spend time together

13 comments:

  1. those cupcakes look amazing.....yum. same with those dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend-glad you all were able to get together! Those flea market finds are amazing, I really wish there was something like that where I live. I especially love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous. There appeared to be so many amazing pieces! And the weather looked warm unlike it is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun!!! Love your term "geek chic" hahahaha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh man!Sprinkles cupcakes!!! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness im so jealous you went to that flea market! i've wanted to go ever since reading emilys blog!
    oh and sprinkles cupcakes! ive heard about hose. need.
    it was a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I found my nautical book at the Melrose flea market :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are so adorable!! i LOVE sprinkles cupcakes! :) i actually did a post on them in my early, early blogging days! :)

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! Looks like you ladies had a great time.

    The shopping! AH. The cupcakes...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wish I was in LA right now, sounds like a great trip. Those cupcakes are on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like ya'll had an amazing weekend! I spent Sunday at 3rd Street and it was so beautiful and warm out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!