Wednesday, January 28, 2009

taking little pieces of this room..

While browsing an old issue of Glamour last night, I came across this room Ivanka Trump decorated for her assistant. All together, it's a little much for me( I would be walking to the kitchen at 3am for water, and be very frightened my apt was overrun by cheetahs) but there are aspects I LOVE. The zebra rug(I am on a constant search for one!), the Ikea table, the black and white bench as seating, the bright print on the couch(I think it's a west elm day bed) and the polka dot curtains in the kitchen!

Oh, I also LOVE Ivanka's abete dress and Valentino heels. A lot

7 comments:

  1. can you imagine how gross it would feel to wake up hung-over in that room? I get a headache just thinking about it! a bit too busy like you said, but there are some good elements.

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny! i was looking at this picture last week too. i agree, there's parts that i really like, but all together it's a bit....ah....much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so remember this too. I fully agree with you. Parts of it are spectacular but a little too much all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this photo! It seems like it was an issue from a while back so it's amazing that I can still remember it so vividly. I remember staring at it and longing for every single item in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the apartment as a whole is very busy but pieces of it our fabulous and could do great things to a room. I love the zebra rug as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, just a little too much. There's a cute zebra rug at Target right now but it's not in the shape of a zebra hide. Just a good old rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreed. i LOVE the chair and black and white striped lounge, soo nice.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!