Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little Wisdom from Carrie Bradshaw

Since getting my pay/hours cut in this economy, I have some extra time at home, and have been doing marathons of Sex and the City. Serisouly, this show doesn't get old, and I am now finding more things to relate to then when I first started watching the show.
I wanted to share some that I found myself relating to right now(all by Miss Carrie Bradshaw):



"Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.”


“When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?”


“Maybe mistakes are what make our fate... without them what would shape our lives? Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies, or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away”



11 comments:

  1. i love those quotes too. in fact, there are so many from that show that are just so true and telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked some good quotes. Isnt life a trip sometimes..I have learned now that I am 30 I can wash my hand very easy of people that are not giving me positive energy and feelings..I have put up with one crappy person for far to long and I finally have cut her out of my cirlce after over 16 years..and I feel good..My feelings arent hurt and they use to be, so that shows my own personal growth that I know I deserve better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They truly never get old! I could watch SATC on constant repeat for the rest of my life I am sure!!

    So I heard they are making a second movie!? Thoughts??

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I heart sex in the city! such a great show...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great quotes and a great idea to curl up on the couch with my S&TC dvds. Why didn't I think of that. I've been sick all week and I'm pretty sure I've watched every single show that Bravo has ever aired.

    If I still feel like poo tomorrow I will be putting on some S&TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing beats SATC marathons!! Love all these quotes - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SATC is my favorite show of all time...I love starting with episode one and watching all 6 seasons. You are right...it never ever gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. isnt it amazing how all her quotes can relate to everyone in some way

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! My Sex and the City marathon has been going on for years now and it's amazing how different episodes relate at different times. I had been struggling with telling my bf that I was married before and amazingly a week before I told him I watched the episode where Big told Carrie he had been married (luckily mine didn't have the same outcome as Carrie's, nonetheless applicable).
    I recently started a Grey's Anatomy marathon. I love the philosophical comments that end each episode :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that picture! And I agree, I can watch the smae episode over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh, that first quote is one of my all-time fave from the show.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!