Monday, February 9, 2009

Red Carpet Roundup-My Thoughts on the Grammy's


Carrie Underwood in Zuhair Murad. I love the designers she chooses. She is def my girl crush



Taylor Swift in Collette Dinnigan at Clive Davis' pre-grammy party



Audrina Patridge in Tadashi. Where did this look come from? so classy



Duffy in Alberta Feretti, which was a last min switch


Camille Belle in Marchesa at Music Cares


I do not like to do fashion recaps normally for the music award shows..why? Because everyone is mostly a don't. Paula Abdul, go home. Paris Hilton, put on some pants. When one of the best dressed of the nights is Audrina, you know there are issues. But there were some shining stars( I combined the pre-Grammy parties and the awards, because there were some lovely dresses there and I couldn't find five looks I loved from JUST the show)


ALSO, everyone at Vogue who picked M.I.A. as best dressed should be fired. Yes, I know she is like 75 months preggers, but Catherine Zeta Jones sang at the Acedemy Awards two days before she was due and looked flawless. This is just a mess.

11 comments:

  1. CU looked just fab- can't go wrong with my fav' color (gold) and a great tan!

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love M.I.A. - I agree with everything except for the last part. She's the only person that COULD get into vogue wearing that, and thats the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love M.I.A., and while I agree it's definitely not her best look, I still think she's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true!!! My husband and I are working on starting a family and knowing she was set to perform, I sooooo wanted to love whatever M.I.A. wore! She just made it impossible!!!!! I applaud that she performed, and I am so glad she sounded great, I just wish she'd dressed better!!! Especially because she is so beautiful, and has made pregnancy so sexy. this outfit just seemed like such a misstep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE carrie underwood, but that dress makes her midsection look a little unflattering.

    and gosh Camille. I love her too. Why isn't she an A-lister and all over magazines?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you. M.I.A. was a train wreck and Vogue should be ashamed of itself! Love your blog, just found it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie Underwood looked lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Audrina's dress but here hair looks kinda Princess Lei like?

    ReplyDelete
  9. THese last to outfits are BAD! She did make a fashion statement and got people talking!
    UGH!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!