Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Photobucket


Last week, I finally got around to watching Slumdog Millionaire, and I was blown away by the acting, and the story. It has been awhile since a movie has struck me like this one has. I thought it was all around fantastic. I love that they still included a little Bollywood at the end, even though the tone throughout the movie was pretty serious.

The music in the movie was also amazing. The best part musically for me was that it reminded me to listen to M.I.A. I have loved her music since my sophomore year in college (2005-2006) and when Pineapple Express/her new album came out last year, I was thrilled to hear she was back. But with Robin Thicke, Kings of Leon, Britney, and the Killers, her music again fell by the wayside. Here are a few of my favorite songs by her.

mia-promo.jpg picture by sweetnothings04




M.I.A.

7 comments:

  1. Loved this movie. After, I went home and downloaded the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i too, saw this last week! the whole train scene where the boys were young was hightened by the m.i.a. tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok you guys al have me convinced! next movie we see!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie! It really is one that keeps you thinking for the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep forgetting to download the soundtrack. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must see this movie! I've heard great things from everyone!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!