Monday, February 16, 2009

Rain, Rain go away

wish I was in bed snoozing like this pup right now


Nothing makes me sadder than thinking back to high school and getting holidays off. I hate not having national holidays off! And to top it off, it is a horribly rainy day in Los Angeles, which means the roads are a mess. LA drivers(myself excluded, of course) freak out in the rain and it is utter madness on the roads!

So, to lift my spirits( and to assist a good friend who was engaged over the weekend due to my fine matchmaking skills) I was looking at wedding dresses. Nothing cheers me up like weddings!

My new obsession has to be polka dot wedding dresses. So playful and girly. I think just perfect for a Hamptons summer wedding. Here are my favorites:


Photobucket

Dress from J.Crew..if I ever find this dress, I'm swooping it up. It is adorable. This is one you can def wear again..I can see myself at a dinner at the Viceroy in Santa Monica during a hot July night

Photobucket

This picture/wedding is all over the blogs. The dress is Carolina Herrera, and divine. I would wear it in a second.

Photobucket

another beauty by J.Crew. Whoever thought to add a bridal line at J.Crew is brilliant.

14 comments:

  1. Totally cute pup and of course the designer in me wants that pillow!

    I love polka dots as well. So classic looking. Beautiful wedding dress choices. I love JCREW. I now wish I had gone that route instead of spending $4,000 on Vera Wang!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i love sleeping in with my pup! That first polka dot dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy to see your post today is fashion-related! I’m posting the ‘ugliest fashion finds’ on absolutely not martha next week and I‘d LOVE to feature your find. email it to jackie at vanillaspoons dot com. credit and link to your blog, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh the polka dot dresses are so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Too funny. But seriously, rain rain go away!!! These dresses are gorgeous and make me want to be a bride all over again! I don't know if you were reading my blog lsat July when I got married but I loved my dress and found it at Decades. Good vintage tip for all brides to be because I felt like a million bucks but didn't have to spend a million. Of course I tried on some Carolina Herrera dresses too and there are not words!!!!
    Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh, i have to work today too!! not fair.

    yah i love looking at wedding dresses. polka dots are great, but i lust after the striped ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Booo! I don't have off today either. I miss having all those fabulous days off in HS. Cute dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gowns! Definately buy it if you see it. I think it would be perfect at the Viceroy too! Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel ya on the LA rain and driving. YUCK! Those dresses would definitely help lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've already decided that the minute I get engaged, I'm buying that J. Crew golden spotty dress. It even has pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the dog is this photo. borrowing it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!