Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Inspiring Inspiration Boards

I have been completely inspired by these boards..I just love the idea of inspiration boards..an ever changing compilation of what someone is loving..sorta like a balance sheet .a snapshot of a moment in time(did I really just use an accounting metaphor?) Here are some lovelies Ive found:

I found this board on Michelle's blog, but I can't seem to remember who made it
Update from Miss Camilla:
"I believe the first inspiration board is from Diane Bergeron who is an interior designer in Australia"

Jennifer of Made by Girl just recently redid her board

The lovely Camilla's board..if this is any indication of her design capabilities, sign me up!!

Erin of Elements of Style has three boards in her office

This board was the Coach 2008 Holiday Collection inspiration board

I found this one on flickr..I love the mini Keep Calm and Carry On poster

Here is my current board in my office; I have some of my favorite spaces, little cartoons, and a picture of Jenna Lyons of J.Crew in her office..she is a definite role model!


Readers, do you have boards up in your home? I have another one in my kitchen I forgot to take a picture of, its fashion related..I just can't get enough of putting them together!

P.S. I got soo many comments on my sunglasses that I wore to the Eddie Ross flea market trip, just wanted to let everyone know they are from Forever 21! I stopped buying expensive shades after I lost two pairs in one week in Italy...so go grab them..I also have them in white and they were 5.80!

22 comments:

  1. What a fun post. Thanks for including me!

    I believe the first inspiration board is from Diane Bergeron who is an interior designer in Australia.

    I totally agree with you about sunglasses. I stopped by fancy ones. I would either lose them or be so afraid to use them they would never see sunlight. So I stick to H&M mostly and by a couple at time in case I lose a pair.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make an inspriation board! Love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is so good! I am so happy you posted these.
    I adore inspiration boards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to make an inspiration board of my own-but I just keep finding so many great ones on blogs and such, it's hard to keep them all straight! Love the ones that you posted about here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and have a large inspiration board in my office/craft room:) Growing up, my bedroom was covered top to bottom in fashion photographs....I have always loved the haphazard beauty in inspiration boards!

    I am going to post about our trip tomorrow...I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these inspiration boards are fabulous! And I agree with Tara - I need to create one too! They seriously just make me smile when I see all of yours'. It's a beautiful compilation of tastes and styles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love inspiration board! i wish i was patient enough to make one myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I have one..

    http://getitgirlstyle.blogspot.com/search/label/inspiration%20board

    I love it..I already bought one for my daughter..the post I just added is from when I first put it up..its full now..they are just great..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two inspiration boards, one in my closet that is fashion related (to help inspire creative dressing daily) and the other is home decor/event design in my underconstruction office... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so much fun. I love inspiration boards. I do them for my writing now with my characters and scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in the works with mine. Actually I've been in the works for a while!! I love Jennifer's board! I want a vintage border around my board!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post idea! I loooooove inspiration boards, truly believe in them, and want a HUGE one to fill all up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty! i'm inspired to make an inspiration board :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 5.80...awesome. going there tomorrow. also, these boards are amazing...i'm working on mine and they don't look as cool as these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am so into inspirationboards. i have two myself, and also a big thick scrapbook that i love more than anything else in my room

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to let you know that I finally posted about the flea market trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love scoping out others' inspiration boards. It's so neat to get inside the creative mind of, well, creative people!

    Forever 21 does have the best inexpensive shades around. I just broke a pair I've had for over 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh they are all so good. love an inspiration board x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post idea! I loved looking at these. I need to update mine ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha my accounting teacher would be so proud

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!