Monday, March 23, 2009

A little wisdom from Brad Pitt

Over the weekend I raided my moms netflix pile, and she had Babel, starring Cate Blanchet and Brad Pitt. The movie was long, sad, and I felt defeated after watching it. However, Brad and Cate have amazing chemistry. It got me thinking to Benjamin Button, which was one of my FAVORITE movies of the Oscar season( and I am a big F. Scott groupie) I have the following quote up on my mirror at home, reminding me that it is never to late to start over and be who you want.

PS..if you haven't seen the movie, you must. If for nothing else, Brad looks SMOKIN HOT!


For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit… start whenever you want… you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again



12 comments:

  1. OH I LOOOOVED that letter in the movie. Le sigh. Touched my heart most esp because i saw that movie the night i ended a serious relationship :(

    Babel- you summed it up perfectly!!! Didn't you feel TERRIBLE for their baby-sitter? man i wanted to kick her nephew!!! (i think it was her nephew? it's been awhile since i've seen it). But chemistry, you are abs. right!!! Cate is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it. I never got to see it when it was in theaters.

    Until it comes out on DVD I will have to settle with running out to Target today and picking up Twilight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i just love this quote, the duo, benjamin button, and Mr. Fitzgerald. So many favorites in one post :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote! Still haven't seen the movie... I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have not seen this yet but def will now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh great quote! yup, I have yet to see the movie! :( But I'm waiting to finally watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this quote! I have heard it before, and it makes me want to melt! It is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i just loved that quote as well...so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just learned that i'll be moving back to the states and starting over in a new city-- this quote was such a great way to start my day and reframe my perspective. thanks for sharing and i'll have to see Benjamin Button!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is on my netflix queue...can't wait for it to come out!

    I am planning a Great Gatsby themed wedding...I will post more details as we get a bit closer:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this movie! I think a lot of people dissed it because of their personal feelings toward Brad Pitt. Or they just can't handle long movies. This is a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quote! I haven't seen Benjamin Button, but now I want to :)

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!