Friday, May 29, 2009

Blogger Interview: Naomi of Rockstar Diaries


If you haven't read Naomi's blog about her life with her hubby(formerly in NY, now DC) then after this interview you will. It is one of those blogs that you read to just put a smile on your face, and you feel like you are instantly friends. We are so excited Naoimi was able to particate in our May installment!


How did you and your darling hubby meet?

Josh and I met in New York City. We share the same faith and met at church. We were both students at the time {he was studying at Columbia and I was at Juilliard} and instantly became best of friends. We did everything together with NYC as the backdrop, it was lovely. Our relationship really didn't turn romantic until months and months after our friendship blossomed, and we did everything backwards once it did. The "I love you's" came long before the "relationship status talk" and we were tentatively scheduling a wedding date before our family and friends knew we were even serious. But I think that is why it worked out so perfectly... we were so in love we were silly.

The Here’s to happiness series has caught on like wildfire..I have stumbled upon countless blogs that have been inspired by this(ours included!) What are a few things that are making you happy today?

I am so thrilled the happiness series has been well received and built upon. I love reading each list. They inspire me like crazy! A few things that are making me happy today? Homemade potato Gnocchi, my new tea cup, husband's 3 day old scruff, and an upcoming surprise from husband I shouldn't know about but do {I'm bad like that}.

NYC seemed to be the third person of your blog..exploring that great city leaving no where unturned…were you sad to leave? How are you adjusting to Washington DC?
'
Oh I was so nervous to leave NYC. It was such a big part of our lives and I had dreams of living there forever. But oddly enough, the transition to DC has been so smooth and we both really feel at home here. I know we were both ready for a new adventure and change, and I think DC is proving to be just as adventurous and magical as our last city {with a little more space and a few extra closets!}




Your etsy shop is filled with gorgeous headbands of your making..how long do they typically take to make?
They don't take long to make, but I always feel like they do when it's time to update the shop {sometimes I can be so lazy!} Currently, I'm trying to expand the shop by collaborating with a friend to start a new accessory line for men and am hopeful to get some vintage dresses in there too. We shall see how it all pans out, but I'm excited!






Any final thoughts??
Nope, but thank you so much for having me!! This was fun!






19 comments:

  1. The interview definitely put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing!

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so darling....I adore her blog:) great interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I found her blog a while ago and then totally forgot about it. So thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely. such a wonderful interview. so glad i found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this girl! she's so talented & we share a common love for Regina Spektor! her happy lists inspired me to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not only do i love the interview, but i love your blog! very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for including me ladies! this was really fun!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to read -- I check out Rockstar Diaries everyday so I start the day out smiling. :) M

    ReplyDelete
  9. great interview! she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love, love, love naomi, she is such a real, wonderful woman. reading her blog is one of my daily pleasures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic interview! i love naomi's blog and it was fun to get to know this lovely couple a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great interview. loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! They are such an unbelievably gorgeous couple! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute stuff, I swear they have the best blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Naomi's blog! she's so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. definitely one of my faves - great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is my favorite person on the whole wide web! So real and down to earth!! Wonderful feature!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!