Wednesday, June 24, 2009

These are a few of my Favorite Things

I've been feeling super overwhelmed lately, and the other day I was thinking about the little things that made me smile. Obviously family and friends topped my list, and above are a few of the material things that make me smile.



- My watch: This watch used to be my grandpas that he received in 1959 from the Continental Baking company after 10 years accident free (he delivered Wonder Bread door-to-door), he passed away in 2007, and when I moved home after college, I found this watch, added a new band, and have been wearing it ever since.
- Lassie (the stuffed dog): I got Lassie from Santa when I was 5 months old, she has traveled with me, some how survived college, and is still one of my favorite things
- My computer & phone: I honestly don't know how people survived without technology, with my phone and computer, I am able to keep in contact with so many people, cure my boredom, and of course check up on all my blogs
- My new shirt: Little things make me smile, and yesterday afternoon, my dad came home with this shirt for me. I had been telling him how bummed I was that they did not have this shirt for sale when I went to the Giants game on Saturday (with Danielle and a friend)--and when he showed up yesterday and surprised me with this shirt, it reminded me that it's the little things in life that make me smile, and I really appreciated the fact he remembered such a seemingly trivial conversation
Also, head on over to Just a Girl in the City for the second part of the June Bugs series, our favorite summer hobby!

4 comments:

  1. Aw, these are great favorite things. And what a sweet dad you have!

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet...I loved reading why they were your fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, your dad is so sweet- what a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I have to do that too - take a deep breath and just look around at the material things that make me happy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!