Friday, June 12, 2009

Blogger Interview: Haven and Home

Our June blogger interview is with Marianne of Haven and Home. If you haven't checked out her blog, she is a VERY talented interior designer in Birmingham. Her blog is full of her projects, fashion, and little tidbits of life in the south!

We also must say, she is a trooper. We did a rather non-traditional interview with her, and sent her the Proust questionnaire


What is your idea of perfect happiness:Being content with what you have, truly leaving it all in God's hands(this is something I work on everyday)
What is your greatest fear:Something happening to a loved one
What trait do you most deplore in yourself: I worry all the time ; I wish I was not such a worrier

What trait do you most deplore in others:Rudeness, I just don't see why people have to be unkind

Which living person do you most admire:My grandmother, even when times are tough you never hear her complain. Her quiet strength is admirable

What is your greatest extravagance: A great meal with great company
What is your current state of mind: Very relaxed after coming back from vacation
What do you consider the most overated virtue:This one is hard. I can't think of one off the top of my head...maybe determination. Probably too much can be a bad thing
On what occassion do you lie: I really try not to lie because I think it always comes back to get you but a little white lie to save someone's feelings doesn't hurt, right?
What do you dislike most about your appearance:Well, that really depends on the day..although the older I get the more comfortable I am in my own skin
What living person do you most dispise: Yikes! I better keep that one to myself. Despise is such a strong word
What is the quality you like most in a man:Trustworthiness and Compassion
What is the quality you like most in a woman: Same
Which words or phrases do you most overuse: LOVE--my blog is a great example of this
Who or what is the greatest love of your life: Patrick, my husband
When and where were you happiest: My honeymoon. You just got married to the love of your life, there was a celebration with all your family and friends-the people you love most; then you get to sit back, relax and do nothing-good times! Not to mention many frozen drinks

Which talent would you most like to have: I wish I was a great public speaker, now that is a talent. I would also like to play the guitar
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be: This would go back to the worrying too much, I can't stop!
What do you consider your greatest achievment: Starting my own company, it was something I always wanted to do. It was not easy which makes me appreciate it even more

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing,what would it be: My dog, he has the easiest life! I am only half way kidding about that
Where would you most like to live: On a beach somewhere, I love the ocean

What is your most treasured possesion: My wedding ring
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery: Not having a relationship with God
What is your favorite occupation: Being a decorator-although I would not mind being a professional shopper-for myself haha. I would also love to be a veterinarian.
What is your most marked characteristic: Kindness
What do you value most in your friends: What I value most IS their friendship. Does that make sense?
Who are your favorite writers: Paulo Coehl, The Alchemist, is my favorite book. I cannot even tell you how many times I have read it






Who is your hero of fiction: Santiago from the Alchemist for following his dreams. Close second would be Carrie Bradshaw , for the shoes if nothing else.
What historical figure do you most identify with: I don't know to be honest. I will continue to think on this one. Okay, I am back. I took a quiz on the internet to help me and I did not really agree with the people it picked. So I am back to square one. Why can't I think of anyone?
Who are your heroes in real life: My family. I know it sounds hokey but they have all the traits I most admire and their own ways of dealing with whatever life brings them.
What are your favorite names: Harry(name of my dog) is my favorite. I seem to be in the minority with this one. I don't really have any favorites; I am currently likeing Adele and Daniel. My husband and I will NEVER agree on a name when we have kids

What is the thing you most dislike: Carrots. Not what the survey is looking for I know, but it is the truth!
What is your greatest regret: I try not to regret things, but if I had to pick one it would be not working harder to become fluent in Spanish(My dad is from Chile) I hope one day that changes.
How would you like to die: I may need a glass of wine after taking this! In my sleep would have to be the answer to that
What is your motto: Treat others as you would like to be treated
So, no personal question left unasked!! Thanks again to Marianne for doing this!! She deserves that glass of wine, or two! If it is already not a daily read, hop on over to Haven and Home for design inspiration..it will become one of your favorites!!







11 comments:

  1. cute interview! The Alchemist is the best book on the planet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous interview. That pics with her and her grandmother and that precious pup are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies again for asking me to do this! I LOVE your blog so it is great to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's beautiful...great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could you not LOVE Marianne, she has to be the sweetest person, not a bad bone in her body! Great interview, loved the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the interview questions are great and it is really untraditional. hmm gotta check her blog soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Marianne's blog...and her sense of style...thanks for sharing! She looked radiant in her wedding dress & that dog is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SUCH a fun interview - way to break out of the box with great questions! I enjoy Haven and Home, and I'm pleased to find your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview. Marianne is one of my sweetest friends... I adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such interesting questions & just reading her answers you can see what a good person she is. such a sweetie & such a great series you girls are doing!!! love it!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!