Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A little Wisdom from Ginnifer Goodwin

Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.
I am so excited to scoop us He's Just Not That Into You at Target today( as I say to myself, stick to the list, I sometimes get out of control at le Target) I thought the movie was just adorable, and I already know it is going to be one of the movies I just play over and over while I am doing chores around the apartment? What movies do you watch all the time? Other favs of mine include: How to Lose a guy in Ten Days and The Wedding Planner.

17 comments:

  1. the wedding planner is one of my favorites too!!!

    I haven't seen this yet, but am pretty sure that I will love it so I think that I am going to move it off of my netflix queue and into my shopping cart:)

    she is darling....and you had a real life sighting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's Just Not That Into You comes out today?! Yay! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote! I LOVE How to lose a guy...unfortunately my copy got borrowed and never returned :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGREED with how great the movie is and getting out of hand at Target. I ADORE Target! you can get EVERYTHING there-- make-up, decor, movies, clothes, AND some groceries! why oh why would you go anywhere else?! ;)

    i can't wait to re-watch the movie again. Jennifer Aniston's story touched me the most.

    I can re-watch "Sex and the City" and "Love Actually" 10000 x and still swoon :)

    HAPPY WATCHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED that movie! So excited that it'll be at Target! I am a Target addict along with my sister...and everyone else I know :)

    I'm going to have to snag it as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to pick up the DVD - I still have not seen this movie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know what you think! I saw it in the theaters and I was slightly disappointed. Ginnifer Goodwin's character was so bad I could barely look at the screen when she was on! It was like watching a car crash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "He's Just Not That Into You" was great! I'm going to need to buy it on DVD too. I love "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" too. Great choices!

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have not seen that movie!! I NEED TO!! cant wait... thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen that movie yet. Will add it to my list.

    The ones I can put in on a Friday night or all day on a Saturday while doing chores- Top Five:
    1) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
    2) The Holiday
    3) One Fine Day
    4) 27 Dresses
    5) Any Sex & the City rerun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought this movie was adorable! Plus, I love Ginnifer ever since I got addicted to BIg Love. I think she is super cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me want to make a book for my daughter with everything that I want her to know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have adored Ginnifer since I saw HJNTIY in the theaters several months ago. And her photoshoot with Jenn and Drew in Marie Claire was quite lovely a well! My favorite go-to movies are Center Stage, What Women Want, 27 Dresses and Failure to Launch-I could watch those all day everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I always have to remind myself to stick to the list in Target. I can't wait to go get this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this movie with my close friends and our boyfriends on Valentines day. It was okay. I liked the book better than the movie.

    Top 3 for me would have to be
    #1. Bridget Jones Diary
    #2. Blue Crush
    #3. Any movie with Jennifer Garner

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this movie on Valentines Day with my close friends and two of our BF's. Liked the book better than the movie. The booked changed my life and way of thinking towards us (woman) and men.

    Top 3 movies for me would have to be
    #1. Bridget Jones Diary
    #2. Blush Crush
    #3. Any movie with Jennifer Garner

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVED this movie too...surprisingly because I really went in with not so great expectations...I watch many movies a LOT, but my faves are:

    1. Dirty Dancing
    2. Clueless
    3. Love, Actually
    4. Beaches
    5. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
    6. The Royal Tenenbaums

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!