Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Smitten for Stripes(on the wall)

Another mini project I am going to tackle next week is painting some black and white stripes on a wall in the bathroom in my bedroom..I think it could look cool..I hope..and the good thing about paint is if it looks bad, poof, just paint over!

Here are some inspiration shots:

Photobucket

Loving the Lucite chair and mirrored desk



Photobucket

who didn't fall in love with this apartment?!?


Sarah Danielle posted this gorg studio shed yesterday...I would love to have a space like this to blog, consult, etc..it looks so happy! and perfect for a mid-day siesta!




Holly's striped walls are my inspiration..I am also going to follow her tutorial. Her home is amazing..all marvelous DIY projects!

17 comments:

  1. you HAVE to do thick black and white stripes! so stinkin' cool and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what a great idea! The first and third pics are my favorites, so chic/cozy.

    Good luck! Post photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I absolutely LOVE stripes (polka dots too!). These walls are striking! Thanks for sharing.

    PS: New to your blog and love it already. It is in my "favorites".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will look great! Good luck and hope you'll post and after shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that lucite looks like the chair i want

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I love these stripes on the wall. Makes it bold.

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg...i just laughed out loud at your kidnapping comment...like, WTF!!! that woman is so scary, i would actually be afraid to run into her on a dark street!

    now relevant to your post- i LOVE the stripes, especially on the second photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the stripes are fab and the horizontal ones are so crisply unexpected! a family I used to babysit for had the most amazing bathroom that was white with forest green stripes and a chandelier over the bathtub- ooh la la!

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stripes, I use them a lot. I can't wait to see what they look like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that yellow one with the frames on each stripe! perfect.
    good luck! can't imagine how hard that is! i can barely get a solid colored wall to look right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm my comment didn't show up! thanks for including me, although that first one trumps me bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing how incredible something as 'simple' as stripes can look! You found some goodies Miss Sweet Nothings.
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love stripes in decor! thanks for the link to the tutorial...I have been wanting to do a striped room forever, but couldn't figure out how I would manage solo (Hub isn't much of a painter)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so fun, I cant wait to see how yours come out- please post before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm dying for a lucite chair!!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!