Thursday, July 2, 2009

Let Freedom Ring


"It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet
It's a man on the moon and fireflies in June and kids selling lemonade
It's cities and farms , it's open arms, it's one nation under God, It's America"~Rodney Atkins



We are signing off for the rest of the week, and hope everyone has a SAFE and fabulous weekend celebrating America's birthday! Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays, and I can't wait to celebrate with friends, bbqs, and some good American Apple Pie.
And as we all do celebrate, take a moment to remember the men and women who cannot be home, who are fighting overseas so we can celebrate one more year of freedom. We thank you with all our heart.
We leave you with one of the greats, Whitney Houston, singing the National Anthem during the Superbowl. This is a moving tribute about how much it meant to the soldiers to see this performance while they were fighting the Gulf War. It gives me chills everytime I hear it
Oh, and check us out over at Yellow Brick Blog and see what our Summer Essentials are for 2009









7 comments:

  1. Have an amazing 4th of July weekend ladies! Thank you for contributing to the series! Your picks were spot on and made me smile thinking of summer! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post girlies! I adore the above quote. Have a safe & wonderful 4th.

    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Rodney Atkins! Have a wonderful holiday, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th girls, hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song! Happy 4th, girlies... hope its amazing!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!