Monday, August 31, 2009

Can You Tell Me How To Get, How To Get to Sesame Street?

In honor of Sesame Street's 40th anniversary, the biggest names in American fashion met the biggest names in pop culture.


This may be one of my favorite photo shoots. EVER.

DVF and Big Bird


Vera Wang and Abby Cadabby( she must be new from when I was a kid)


Derek Lam and Thakoon with Bert and Ernie


Carolina Hererra with Elmo



The Mulleavy sisters of Rodarte with Cookie Monster





Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein with Grover




and of course, Oscar De la Renta with Oscar the Grouch







15 comments:

  1. Could not possibly love it more, what a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flippin' fantastic! Oh how I adored Seasme Street as a kid and now with such amazing designers! Love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the heck is Abby Cadabby? I've never seen her before.

    Other than that, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so clever! i think it is awesome and a fun way to celebrate! i laughed at the oscar the grouch & oscar de la renta picture. so appropriate. great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you see their tribute segment during the Daytime Emmys last night - pretty good!
    this shoot is certainly adorable - who knew Sesame Street would have such cool friends?!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this and I am obsessed too! How did we not combine fashion and Oscar the Grouch before??? Seems like a natural connection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oscar with oscar... that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that is pretty much THE greatest shoot ever. I wonder if they jammed to Rubber Ducky?

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!