Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forever Frugal Halloween Costumes

Hello Sweet Nothing Readers!

It's Lyndsy from Yellow Brick Blog and I am just so honored and excited to be included in this guest blog posting series. Even though I have never had the pleasure to meet Danielle or Sara in person, I feel lucky to call them my bloggy friends!

When the gals asked me to post on something Halloween, my brain immediately freaked out as I am not the biggest fan of Halloween in general. And wouldn't you just know that I freaked out so much that I just finalized this post today, even though I have had weeks to work on it? It seems fitting however, seeing as I always seem to procrastinate right around Halloween and then scramble to put together a costume last minute.

Well my darlings, if this sounds like a predicament you have put yourself in already (ps...Halloween is only 3 days away - EEK) then check out my do it yourself costumes that can easily be composed with things you are already have at home, or a quick trip over to Forever 21.


(click to enlarge photo) boy shorts, socks, candlestick, men's shirt


This costume is perhaps the easiest (and most baring) but if you got the guts than share the glory! Added bonus...dancing on the couch and proclaiming your love for Katie brings this costume into more modern times.


boy shorts, faux red boots, Hunter Wellie Red Boots, men's shirt

If you have been looking for an excuse to buy those Red Hunter Boots, look no further! Again, this costume leaves little to the imagination, but if you have the confidence to pull it off, you are sure to be the hit of the party! Added Bonus if you find a Brad Pitt look alike to complete the pairing of Mr & Mrs Smith.



Chucks, V-Neck Tee, jean shorts, striped knee high socks

If you and your girlfriends are looking for a group costume, why not go as the SENIOR girls from Dazed & Confused. Pick up some iron on letters at your local craft store, spell out senior and then let the hazing begin. Added Bonus if you can get some party goers to lay on the ground and "fry like bacon"!



earrings, red lipstick, heels, belt, leggings, leotard

I got chills...and so will everyone else in this sexy number. Added Bonus, get the entire crowd to replicate the end dancing sequence from Grease. You're the one that I want, you are the one..ooh,ooh,ooh..honey!



faux fur vest, sunglasses, blouse,high-waisted wide-leg jeans, necklace, ring, starbucks

Want to go all out...then Rachel Zoe is the costume for you. Grab your Venti Starbucks cup (no one needs to know what is really in that cup) and throw on your darkest, biggest shades. Added Bonus, walk around with you own Brad & Taylor and shout out "I DIE", and "That's Banana's" as often as possible and offer style advice to other party goers!

Hopefully, whatever costume you have planned and whatever your budget may be...you have an excellent time and a night to remember! Cheers and Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

  1. Since I've been out of commission for a few days I'm going to need a last minute H'ween costume, if I even make it to a party! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Halloween costumes! I was just invited to a party and need to get a costume together quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rachel zoe! oh my gosh that's such a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.my.goodness. WHY didn't I think of being Rachel Zoe? you may have just solved my costume dilemma! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent costume ideas...now if I only had Angelina Jolie's body to dress up as Mrs. Smith...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great costume ideas. Makes me want those red hunter wellies even more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome collection.I ll tel my wife to go with the mrs smith costume.Thanks for sharing such lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!