Thursday, October 22, 2009

Put a fork in me, I'm done

Hello ladies! Today is going to be a personal post, so hope you don't mind.
For the past 20 weeks I have been on this life changing journey. While I hesitate to call it a diet, bc it really has been a lifestyle change. Not only have I lost reached my goal( -50 lbs from when I started) I feel better, have learned how to eat-the first day, you learn about portions. I recommend everyone look at the size of the portions you eat, you would be amazed!-and have an overall healthier outlook on life. Since graduating college and living on my own, the stress and other factors caused me to really let myself go, and I can honestly say this journey has brought me back to the happy person I was! I'm not going to say it wasn't hard-there were many trips up to San Francisco with a cooler of food in my trunk-and that I didn't cheat..I did twice..once with Sara in Palm Springs and on amazing red velvet cake at Jaclyn's wedding, but it was worth it.
I never thought I would be able to reach my goal and I know I will be able to maintain with the amazing support of my family and friends-and thanks to my fabulous parents, a new wardrobe for myself..
So, as I enter the lifetime maintence of this program, I will probably slip up a few times, but I encourage everyone to try their goals..you would be amazed at what you can accomplish when you really try!

16 comments:

  1. What an inspiring post!! Kudos for reaching your goal, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I feel like I can relate- I used to never exercise and eat tons of sweets... then I joined a gym, and ate balanced meals, and it makes a huge difference... not only physically, but mentally too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, good for you!

    Second, that cake photo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing and deserve the rocking body your have worked so hard for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Way to go... I'd love to see before and after pictures with your new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know I'm so proud of you, my love :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. a huge pat on the back to you! congrats girl!! Go have a blast shopping!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so proud of you. You've always been a beautiful girl, but I completely understand how it feels to want and to finally reach your goals.

    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself! Yahoo lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's amazing, good for you! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you. It's also so important to not be hard on yourself when you do slip up. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an accomplishment! You are totally inspiring me! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats! what a huge accomplishment....i'm trying to make better eating choices (and lose some weight too) goal is 30 pounds total by the holiday season...started 6 weeks ago. i'll do my weigh-in tomorrow but i think 1/3 of the way there - time to kick it into high gear.

    would love to hear what worked for you. like you, i'm not dieting but really have found a big difference in quantity.

    congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congrats are in order to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. way to go danielle!! congratulations! i'm sure it wasn't easy!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!