Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Candy Girl

2010 is a year of weddings for me, I already have 4 on the schedule( 2 of which I am a bridesmaid, and they happen to be a weekend apart)I was browsing pictures on facebook last week, and I found pictures from a wedding a friend attended that had a gorgeous candy bar. I thought this idea would be perfect for a wedding shower for Natasha, my friend since high school.

I think it is an adorable idea, she loved it, so I started searching online for some more pictures. I haven't been able to find a lot from showers, but here are some gorg ones from weddings















So ladies, have you attended/thrown an event with a candy bar? Any ideas/suggestions? Should we match all the candy to her wedding colors( red and white mostly)?




11 comments:

  1. Personally, I'd match the candy to the season, pastels for spring, and so on. I would, however, order a cookie or something that was frosted with the wedding colors. Red and White could be extreme depending on the time of year. Just my humble opinion =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such a unique and visually beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never go wrong with candy!! I would match the candy to the wedding colors, candy bars are such a treat for everyone at a wedding!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delish...it might be hard to match candy to red and white (I'm seeing mints upon mints), so maybe you could do jars or packages to match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcakes!! Well, I know that is not really candy but i went to a wedding with cupcakes at the candy bar with bags to take them home in and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many beautiful ways to go about a candy/dessert buffet; you really can't go wrong if you put together yummy stuff. I love browsing Amy Atlas's ideas, have you check that out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attended one wedding with a candy bar, and it was a really fun favor that guests actually took with them and enjoyed. I think they just used candy they liked rather than match colors.

    Beware, however: If you are using a reception site, they may force you to have them host the candy bar, which is EXPENSIVE. It's not like you can go to Michael's to buy your own glassware and then hit up a warehouse store to stock up on candy... They do it for you, and charge you for it.

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was at a wedding this summer that had a candy bar - it was definitely a big hit! definitely had a pink theme that matched the bridesmaid's dresses - had lots of m+m's, chocolate covered pretzels, lollipops, gummy candy, candy necklaces, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these pictures are SO cute and a great idea for you to recreate! Although I can't wait to see what kind of flare you add to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here, I thought 2009 was going to be a big year, but 2010 seems to bringing more weddings that I anticipated!

    Enjoying your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg goodd idea love the candy theme

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!