Friday, November 20, 2009

November Blogger Interview: Tamstyles


Our November blogger interview is the glam Tamstyles. Her blog is filled with amazing projects, finds, and great style!

What inspired you to start blogging?

I was tired of being filtered on a forum about handbags, so I decided to start a blog and express myself freely.


What are some of your daily reads?

My list grows and changes. My blog stew pretty much sums it up, plus my dashboard has over 100 blogs that I touch as they update. But since I am into projects right now, Three Men and a Lady, I Suwannee, Little Green Notebook, and Elements of Style to name a few.

Who or What are your interior design inspirations?

I cant say my inspiration is one person. There are so many talents that help to inspire me. Ruthie Summers, Jan Showers, Nate Burkus....The list goes on. I study design daily and my eye seems to not fail me when I am out shopping. Plus other bloggers always inspire me. I love seeing what other people are doing. I think we all help inspire each other




What is your favorite room in your home and why?
Right now its my office with my formal living running close by. I put all the things that I love in my office. When I started blogging, I was working on my office at the time. I didnt even have paint up yet, so blogging helped me define what I wanted even more. Plus the office gets the most attention from visitors. People seem to really like what I have done when they stop by.


What is your winter wardrobe staple?
Boots, and my red coat. I love boots that go to the knee and above. So pairing those with some skinny jeans just makes my day. I love dressing in the winter more so than any other season.

What is your current favorite:
Song:"One in a million" by the late Aaliyah
Movie:"Lady sings the blus"
Celebrity Crush:Robin Thicke
Guilty Pleassure: SWEETS. Seriously its bad. When I find a sweet that I love I gain weight because I love it so. Right now I discovered these cinnamon rolls that Walmart sells in a 6 pack for $3.00. I put them in the microwave for 15 seconds and they are sooooo good.

Finally, what is a quote you live by?
"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." I love this quote and it keeps me on top of my game.


If Get it Girl Style isn't a daily read, we hope you add it to your blog list!

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous interview! Thanks for hosting it!

    I'm hosting a fun monogram card or Christmas card giveaway, drop by my blog to enter! http://thecompleteprep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! i love tamstyle's blog - she's so down to earth.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her blog, great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I posted a thank you. I think I got the day mixed up somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found tamstyle's blog and it reminded me that in the midst of mothering and special ed mayhem....I still can do it with style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am one of Tam's biggest fans. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!