Thursday, November 19, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

Last night, my friend and I went to see the So You Think You Can Dance Season 5 tour in San Jose. I'll admit, this show is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine, and I wish for nothing more to be able to dance like these people, but sadly, I can't...instead, I just watch and live vicariously through their movement. Of all the seasons I've watched, season 5 was my definite favorite, so I was thrilled when my friend surprised me with tickets for my last birthday (in July). We had a great night watching the best routines of the season, and seeing all the dancers' individual personalities show. It was amazing to witness so much talent on one stage, and I was so sad when it all ended.

I thought I would leave you with one of the best dances of the last season (if not the show)-it brought me to tears while watching it on TV during the summer, and again last night during the show. It is danced by Ade and Melissa, and choreographed by Tyce Dioro in honor of one of his friends who has breast cancer.

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to this tour every year! Isn't it the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love SYTYCD so much! How fun that you got to go to a live show! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got teary watching this routine on tv last season too. That's so awesome you got to see it live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I thought about getting tix for the show when it came to the Boston area, but I had no one to go with! I loved last season, and I think this routine touched EVERYONE. Whether they appreciate dance or not.

    I have to say I'm a tad disappointed in this season... the dancers don't seem to sparkle like they did last year. Except maybe Jacob and Ashleigh, which I didn't expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! My friend is going to the Portland show tonight...so jealous. But I am going to see New Moon so that makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!