Monday, December 14, 2009

The Buried Life

On this rainy LA weekend, I spent a lot of my time curled in bed, watching MTV shows. While engrossed in a Jersey Shore marathon, I kept on seeing commercials for a show called "The Buried Life" starting on January 18th. Based on a poem by Matthew Arnold, four guys in their 20s embark on a journey to accomplish 100 items on their list of things to do before they die. For every item they cross off their list, they help a stranger acheive one of their dreams. Everywhere they go, they ask people"What do you want to do before you die?"
Some items on their list include:
#3-Get a tattoo
#26-Tell a judge "You want the Truth, You can't handle the Truth!"
#55-Kiss Rachel McAdams
#78-Fall in Love
#96-Host a lemonade stand
You can view their entire list here

I love that their list is an incorporation of the trivial(#4 start a dance party in a public place) to life changing events(#87 Pay off our parents mortgage)
I think as part of my new years resolution, I am going to start my own list of things to achieve before I die..what would be on yours?

8 comments:

  1. Love this one. I've never been good at New Year's resolutions so I might never come up with a list like this (even though secretly I have one...crossing off things in my mind already), and even if did a list like this I would put it aside and forget about it and then wallow in self pity and all. Oh well...but I've heard about "the buried life". Can't wait for it to start! :D Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one MTV show I'm totally looking forward too as well. when i saw the promo I thought "fun!"

    my list includes trivial things and more serious stuff...hopefully 2010 is the year i start to cross things off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! I actually made a list of 75 things when I was bored in a school lesson aged just 14!! what's great is - i found the list last year (over 10 years later) and realised I could cross half of them off now!!

    Things i had done, like - swim with dolphins, see the Eiffel Tower, get on TV, but still left to do - write a book, eat an oyster - and meet Jim Carrey! come on 2010!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I never watch MTV because usually it's well.... Jersey Shore-ish :) But this show is one that I will definitely tune into, and I can't wait to read your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea! Love Jersey Shore...it's like a trainwreck. Snookie and her bump, The Situation and his abs, and Jwow's enormous boobs. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see this movie! I loved "The Bucket List." Have you seen it? It's the same concept, and I cried watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of the bucket list! I don't really watch MTV anymore so I have not heard of this, but sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!