Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolutions Revisited




As 2009 comes to a close, we thought we would see how we did with our resolutions from last year:

  1. Save Money-- we can both say we need to work on this big time. It was hard considering at one point we both had lost our jobs, but this just goes to show you saving and planning is even more important than ever
  2. Be healthier-- now, this one we def achieved. Collectively, we lost over 65 pounds this year and look forward to maintaining and continuing our healthy lifestyle
  3. Stop dwelling on the past and holding on-I think that this is something to continue working on, but have really "edited" relationship this year--I know, edit is harsh word to use, but we are getting to that age that maintaining party relationships or being with people who only bring you down is too harmful. Sometimes, you just need to cut the negativity out
  4. Go on more dates-we accomplished this, but need to continue this in 2010...maybe we'll edit this to go on more meaningful dates
  5. Keep in better contact with family and friends-we think we did this satisfactory, but want to continue to do this. I think I am bringing back snail mail in 2010. Who doesn't love a letter just because
  6. Go to church more-we both failed. miserably. We probably went to church less in 2009 than ever before.
  7. Dress more Euro- we incorporated some euro flair into our lives, but are going to work on defining a personal style in 2010

How about you ladies? Did you accomplish your resolutions in 2009? Are any moving into the new decade?

8 comments:

  1. What a great post thank you so much for sharing... and I'm all about editing relationships... at some point in time you have to realize that you're only going to be your happiest you if you surround yourself with people who bring about the best in you...

    And... I'm super proud of you for keeping your list of resolutions from last year, I always write my resolutions and keep several of them throughout the year, but somehow the whole list always seems to get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rolling on the floor with your intent to "dress more euro" I just love it!! I am so impressed at the weight loss ladies, that is INCREDIBLE! I think I definitely want to work on being more healthy, both food, physically and zen-like. Maybe try to start keeping a journal {other than my blog} to record really personal things like goals, thoughts, etc. That always helps me to follow through with things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go girls!! i think you stuck to your resolutions pretty well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not made my list yet, but I better get on that since its almost the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!! people usually do not stick to their resolutions let alone revisit them. you both did an awesome job!!! 65lbs?? dang!!! congrats!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great resolutions!

    love your blog :)
    - Audrey Allure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on accomplishing so many goals!! I need to review mine, but I think I did pretty good too. One of mine was to travel some place new, which I did: San Francisco and France! Happy new years ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy new year! Wishing you a wonderful 2010 and congrats on your accomplishments of 2009!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!