Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If I Wasn't On A Budget...

Ever flip through magazines, look on blogs, window shop and find the pieces that are perfect to complete your home but something(aka money) stops you?


Story of my life. However, if I did hit the lovely California lottery, here is what my money would be spent on:

yards of Rubie Green Marilyn fabric to recover my futon in my office/guest room

fabulous chairs like these found on ebay

vintage pink pyrex bowls just to maybe get me in the kitchen to cook

this stunning anthropologie rug
a glam light fixture for over my kitchen table

some luxury linens for my bed

Ikea nightstands
Gorg trellis Kate Spade China
and fresh peonies year round in every room

What are some items you are currently coveting for your living spaces?

10 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on wanting yards and yards of Rubie Green fabric and pretty much everything else on your list!

    Except the vintage mixing bowls, because I actually have those exact ones! The previous home owners left them behind and I use them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flipped through a Pottery Barn catalog on the bus this morning - talk about "if I wasn't on a budget..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. New couch and oversized chair are top on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I am on a budget, I refuse to let myself flip through magazines, window shop websites and blogs, or any of it, I have no will power and when the perfect item comes along... well I'm likely to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want those lights and bed linens as well. I am actually dying for some great wall art for my bedroom. Oh so bland! I need to make it pop! Darn budgets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. let's see...where to start.

    there's a rug i've been coveting from ikea. gray linen drapes. a george nelson bubble lamp for my "eating nook." hmmm...that might be it.

    for now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a fantastic bed with beautiful upholstered head board!! and i like your peonies year round idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those linens are on my wish list too! So luxurious

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the light!!! I know what you mean about not being about to afford items for your home. It is my daily dilemma!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!