Friday, January 22, 2010

In the Bag: Jaclyn of Confessions of a Domestic Goddess

Handbags are my thing, and I think that what bag you use and what's inside is telling about a person. So, this year we are going to go snooping in the bags of our fellow bloggers!

We're so thrilled to have Jaclyn of Confessions of a Domestic Goddess kick off our new 2010 blog series. Jaclyn is a fellow SMC Gael( I think she may have been one of the first people I met at freshman orientation) and was recently married in gorgeous Napa Valley.

I was so incredibly flattered when Danielle and Sara asked me to be the first participant in their new series. Women and their handbags are incredibly fascinating and I remember being obsessed with my friends and their bags back in high school. You can tell a lot about someone from their bag, and I’m sure my bag says a lot about me.

Are you curious as to what’s in my bag??


Let’s take a peek:

Louis Vuitton Galliera GM
My husband bought me this bag during our first trip to Vegas. He wanted to get me something to remember the trip by. This bag is by far one of my favorites. It goes with everything, is comfortable to wear over my shoulder, and is HUGE, so it holds a ton.




Here’s what’s in my bag (From Left to Right):

-Nail file....I’m a woman
obsessed....if I get a snag in my nail, or break one I need to file it IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise it majorly stresses me out.
-Amazon Kindle...I love to
read, and the Kindle allows me the luxury to do so without hauling a heavy novel around with me. I’m currently reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
-iPod Shuffle....I work at
a gym. I get to go to work in my gym clothes, and sometimes after work I decide to head down to the river trails and get my run in outdoors. This little gem is essential for keeping me motivated during my workouts.
-Chapstick invigorating eff
ects, green tea mint....this actually belonged to my husband, but I loved it so much that I took it. It goes on smooth and leaves your lips feeling, well, invigorated.
-Pixi concealer stick...I A
LWAYS carry a concealer stick with me to cover up blemishes and spots. Nothing looks worse than unintentionally channeling a Dalmation.
-Travel Bottle of Juicy Cou
ture Perfume....I keep this little one with me in case I end up bumping into my husband for a lunch date. I always try to look/smell good when we have dates and this scent takes us back reminds us of our first date.
-Laura Mercier Lip Stain in
Mulberry...I keep this pot of lip stain in my bag in case my day out turns into an evening out. A darker lip color can dress up jeans and a basic top without it looking like you didn’t have a chance to go home and change.
-Lip Stick Case....I don’t
typically use one of these, but it’s got a mirror in it, so it serves a dual purpose. The color inside it is Bare Escentuals Bavaraian Crème, my go-to color for day. It’s a really pretty, natural pink that doesn’t look like it’s trying too hard.
-Altoids....because fresh b
reath is essential at all times
-Louis Vuitton Wallet...My
husband surprised me with this when he was courting me. I love it!...it has four slots right under the flap for my go-to cards and driver’s license as well as plenty of slots in the main compartment for my other cards and money.
-Us Weekly....I always have
some sort of magazine with me. I like having something light and easy in case I don’t have time to dive into my book. I popped this week’s issue in my bag the second it arrived.
-Hand Sanitizer...With so m
uch sickness floating around, it is in my best interest to sanitize often.
NOT PICTURED:

(picture 4 here)

Blackberry
Curve.....be
cuase it’s always in my hand, NOT my bag! =) This little baby is my lifeline. It allows me to get work done, stay entertained, and pretend to take important calls whilst trying to avoid people.


Have a great weekend!

Love,
The Domestic Goddess

9 comments:

  1. What a fun post... and interesting to see what everyone finds necessary... I also thinks its interesting she doesn't have any random receipts, or notes floating around... I always seem to have a handful of them in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that bag w those contents showed up on my doorstep tomorrow morning i'd be the happiest bear alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!
    I need a new bag to lug around all of the new toys I have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a darling series...i just love it and cannot wait to read more as it progresses!!

    jaclyn seems like such a fun person :) great energy!!

    happy weekend, girls!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this series! I did "what was in my handbag" a couple months back and did a video on it for my job, a blog writer at Handbago.com! I'm a huge handbag freak too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! I'd love to play...I have a cute bag. = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great series idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute feature...i need that mag btw.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!