Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New York State of Mind

Next weekend, I am off for a whirlwind few days in Manhattan for one of my college friend's wedding. I arrive into the city on the red eye, and have a full schedule until I leave Monday afternoon.

First thing first, as soon as I exit the plane I will be getting myself some of these
and picking up this to read
I am staying at the trendy Hudson Hotel near central park, which has fabulous modern decor

The wedding will take place on Saturday at the Plaza hotel, and is going to be a fabulous black tie reception..



Once I wake up Sunday-hopefully not hungover-I will be heading out through Central Park to the Met

Probably seeing many a sailor along the way since it will be Fleet Week :)
I cannot wait to go downtown to shop at TopShop and Uniqulo
and visit Ground Zero on Memorial Day Monday
I've only been back to NY once since we moved away, and am quite excited to take in(and EAT MY WAY THROUGH) the city once again


me and the bride to be in Paris in 2007

9 comments:

  1. darling! have a blast while you are here! it sounds like the perfect wedding weekend! i hope the weather plays fair for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Plaza is a fabulous place to have a wedding! We got married at The Players Club in Gramercy Park. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hudson hotel!! omg! 20001 new years eve at the hudson hotel with boy george. need i say more. i woke up missing all my makeup. i still blame boy george.
    hudson is rad. pack lightly because there aren't any closets. (hee hee) i had to book another room just for my clothes.
    have fun lovey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. exciting! I'll be there in a little over 3 weeks and I'm super excited. Kee's Chocolates, here I come! can I stuff you in my suitcase so you can show me around when I'm there? I'll bring the big suitcase since you're tall :)

    miss your face boo.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy trip. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the plaza!?! how fantastic... hope you have fun and post a lot of pics after!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! A wedding at the Plaza - look at you! Your weekend sounds super fun and so jelly that you get to shop at Topshop and Uniqlo. Have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! it sounds like a perfect little weekend trip. Jealous. Have fun....I am sure you will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so fun! I want to do all of those things. I heart Top Shop!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!