Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend Wedding in Tahoe

I'm going to a wedding this weekend in Tahoe, and I was looking forward to a lovely sunny four day Memorial day weekend with one of my best friends...until I looked at the weather forecast. Friday has a high of 38 degrees with a chance of snow, and the high on Saturday (the day of the wedding) is 51. My biggest problem is that I bought two new dresses for the occasion and now have to figure out how to turn them from spring/summer dresses, into something I can wear in the cold and be comfortable, but still look cute...so ladies, I need your help. (sorry for the crappy pics...I couldn't find the dresses online, and only had my iPhone camera)





I'm thinking the two dresses would work with tights and black heels, but I think I may need something a little warmer as well. Is anyone else ready for it to finally be spring?...it's supposed to be raining for the rest of the week here in San Francisco, again.

6 comments:

  1. you can't go wrong with royal blue. i wore a royal blue dress with black heels to a wedding this weekend and everyone commented on the color.

    i say wear it with tights and a fitted jacket/blazer and maybe a light scarf for a pop of color.

    hope that helps? good luck1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the blue and I'd do black opaque tights and some really cute closed-toed black heels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go with blue too and do black tights and heels with a cute black sweater or jacket. You could always add some cool earrings or necklace if it feels too blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue dress is GREAT!
    Where did you get it??

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love both of those, you will have to make them work! I had to read twice when I saw the high Friday night! What a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are both gorgeous but I love the blue one a little bit more.

    I totally wish it was spring too. It is suppose to rain all weekend here in Portland. And I have a wedding to go to as well. There goes my previously planned warm, weathered outfit idea.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!