Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do You Hear What I Hear?



Christmas music is a guilty pleasure..I pretty much don't ever change a song year round when it comes on my itunes. I wanted to share some of my favorite songs with you ladies, as well as a little bit of the tradition surrounding a few

The first two songs on the playlist are ALWAYS the first two songs that play Christmas morning..starting with Band Aid "Do they know it's Christmas" anyone who knows my family thinks this is absolutely the funniest thing, but my dad says that since it came out the year I was born, it always is played-my poor brother the year before has no such song..I wonder who is the favorite :)
Second is Gloria Estefan "Christmas in your eyes" it is my moms favorite song.

In our house-no matter if we were living in California or NY, we wouldn't be allowed to run to the stockings until these tunes hit the speakers and we got the go ahead..I know that when I do eventually get married and have some kiddos, these two songs will be the first ones played every year

The rest of the playlist is a little of everything..from Britney/Nsync/Hanson to Otis Reddings/Nat King Cole and Carrie Underwood and Martina McBride..
What are your favorite holiday songs?

9 comments:

  1. "My Grown-Up Christmas Wish" makes me cry like a baby every year. Especially the Kelly Clarkson version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better then Christmas music- if my fiance would not kill me I could probally listen to it all year long :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your blog but loving it! can't wait to read more : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love Christmas music, some of my favorite (in addition to your list) would be this Christmas, Last Christmas, Silent Night and Let it Snow

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i just adore me some holiday music! my fave is of course mariah "all i want for christmas" as well as "the chipmunk song" and bing crosby's "white christmas" and nat king coles "christmas song" just can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "when my heart finds christmas" by harry connick jr - my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. jewel's "oh holy night"....kills me.

    also, sarah mclachlan's "song for a winter's night" could be the prettiest song ever...

    kisses for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jack johnson has a holiday album that i love. been listening to it at work all week!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!