Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh Friday....


Happy weekend loves! What do you all have planned??

It is my lovely parent's 28th wedding anniversary today, so we'll be having a little family dinner on Sunday night. My parents pretty much are the most in love people I have ever seen. They met at a rehearsal dinner when my dads brother married my moms childhood friend. 3 months later, off to elope they went, driving from Connecticut to Vegas, but stopping in Corpus Christie instead since my uncle was stationed there. Married at the courthouse, reception at McDonald's, they had a church wedding two months later-where the rumor is both sets of grandparents said it wouldn't last. Ten months later, my brother was born, thirteen later I came around, and last it has.

If you ever met them now, you would never believe how their story started..but I'm pretty sure it has set up crazy expectations for whatever man I eventually marry.

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely story, How blessed you all are. Happy Anniversary to your folks and I hope you all have a great celebration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful story!

    http://christinaphillis.blogspot.com/2011/01/50-classics-for-our-closets-and-30-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your parents' story!! Happy anniversary to them!!!

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow 28 years! and what a great story

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story! Happy 28th anniversary to your beautiful parents! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary mommy & daddy W.!

    many years of happiness to them :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. 28 wow that is awesome. The hubs and I are approaching 11 and I was excited about that! haha congrats to mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing story! I just love it! And that picture of them is the epitome of classic! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy 28th to them both!

    P.S. Thanks for catching my embarrassing awards mix up. My mind said the SAGs but my fingers typed Oscars {especially since the people around me were talking about the Oscars ;)}! I guess that's what bloggy friends are for. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely story! Happy Anniversary to them! Enjoy the gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an incrediable story!!!!! congrats to them! ps. your parents look too young to have been married so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet. What a blessing! Congrats!
    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love how-we-got-together stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story. Happy 28 years and I wish them 28 more.


    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww what a sweet story! congrats to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! To me that is about as romantic as you can get! happy anny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ow, I love these sorts of stories. Happy (belated) Anniversary to them.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!