Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This year I will...

I've been thinking a lot about my goals and resolutions for 2011--besides the typical save more money, get to church more, try to write more letters and make more phone calls instead of emails and texts,
Here are some other things I hope to accomplish this year, and I figured if I blog it I have to do it:

Closet Organization:

I love shoes. I love bags. I love clothes. I am also very lucky to have my entire closet as well as the extra bedroom to takeover, yet it is a smidge unorganized.

Take more pictures:

Since June, 99.9 percent of all pictures I have taken have been of Georgie. Though I will probably take about 10000 more of him, I need to get better about documenting the rest of my life

Tone Up:


I need to step up the weight training at the gym..if I am getting up at 430am, I need to make it count


Host a dinner party:
I def want to host an adult get together in my place, once I finish up a few final projects and purchases

Plan a trip somewhere new

If I don't get out of the country, I'd love to visit Dallas, Chicago, or Washington DC this year

Get a little more confidence:

I'll admit it, sometimes I get socially awkward and shy around guys and meeting new people, so this year I am going to try to throw myself out there a little more and try some new adventures in order to meet new people and expand my network-though I will say 2011 has started out well..Sara and I vowed to be more assertive while out on Saturday, and we made some new friends. Who said my knowledge of college and professional football was "ridiculously sexy"..I would thank my dad and brother for that if it wasn't an awkward conversation

Meet up with some other fabulous bloggers:

I found this quote online from Eddie Ross and it is just so true about how I feel about all of you lovely ladies..I'd love to try to connect with some of the fabulous LA area bloggers out there for drinks!

What are some of your goals for the new year??

13 comments:

  1. I love reading about your goals. The pictures look great too! I feel like every year I have more, but on my top are going to church more, getting into a workout routine, planning a trip back to Europe and writing/creating something every week. Asking a friend to hold you accountable to your goals always helps me accomplish them. Thanks for posting!!:)

    xo,

    Molly Jane

    Ps. Hope you had a wonderful Holiday season. Happy New Year! Stop by and say hello.:)

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some GREAT goals!! I bet you can do ALL of them!! I work in Pasadena so maybe we can meet up one night for drinks!!

    I like your new banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come to your dinner party.

    Great goals...I want to work on my fitness more too.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the goals!!! We just hosted a real adult dinner party and it was so much fun. The best part was definitely setting a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great list! i love that the 'more confidence' vow goes along with blake with her top almost off! hahah :p

    i vow to meet up with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Luvie! I love your goals! Such great ones :) I would LOVE to meet up with you one of these weekends, I am telling you we need to enjoy the bacon at La Grande Orange stat!

    Cheers to you and your year ahead! Let's make it memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great goals for the new year! I'm right there with you on the closet organization. I need to do that asap! xoxo, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals and very do-able. I love the way you display them, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic goals. I am the same way in new social situations and I, too, have vowed to put myself out there more this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing list! I always love reading your posts, so good luck with your 2011 resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some great goals. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!