Friday, February 18, 2011

February My Favorite Find: Sisters Molly and Sally of A Piece of Toast

I am so excited to have the ever fabulous sisters Molly and Sally of A Piece of Toast as the Feb my favorite find..these delightful ladies have a fabulous lifestyle blog where you can read all about fashion, design, their stylish mom who works for J.Crew, and their precious pups..all and all everything I love in life.




via

First of all, we'd like to give a thankyouverymuch to the ever sweet and stylish Danielle for inviting us to guest post on Sweet Nothings... As babies to the blog world we've found that besides having an outlet for writing and archiving things we love, the most rewarding part has been connecting with other bloggers!


via

So we are here to showcase our "favorite find". And to us, this find deserves a drumroll.... The. Bombshell. Made by Sultra, the Bombshell is like revolution to straight haired girls like us. Correction - straight, fine, thin, and flat haired girls like us. Don't get us wrong, we aren't ungrateful about our hairs. Sally's a natural blond that highlights once a year to perk up in the winter months, practically an endangered species in this day in age - and Molly is a strawberry blond head, something women "spend mega bucks trying to replicate in salon chairs" or so she is told by many a stylist. So we like the hair, but we craved something beyond the day-after-day poker straight look.
via

Enter: The. Bomshell. We first read about it on Bailey's blog Peppermint Bliss (hilarious and talented designer living in Chicago). She planted the seed - maybe we CAN do waves, maybe this tool will open doors to waves that can last more than an hour in our corn silk fine hair. We bought it. A one-inch ceramic barrel (basically a curling iron without the clip) that you use wearing a sassy pink glove to wrap sections of hair around. And after awkward first attempts (you pick up how to use it very quickly) the results were too good to be true. Waves. Like photo shoot worthy waves - but whenever we want it. Our hair is long - this tool still created perfect waves that held all day long and were even in tact after sleeping on them.
via

Now, we no longer look at pictures like these with envy and bitterness - we look and say "Ooh ya, bet they use the Bombshell." And even if they didn't we don't really care - because the Bombshell is our favorite find of the moment and it is honestly rocking our socks off. And the bestest part? The whole process from start to finish only takes 5 minutes tops. Try it on! I mean, who wouldn't want to look like Gwenyth or a Victoria's Secret model in the hair department?

via

xxoo
Sally & Molly of A PIECE of TOAST

(Available from Sephora)

9 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, I NEED to buy the bombshell right away.
    Sigh...this is why I love blogs. You learn all sorts of things! Thank you for guest blogging this.
    Now to explore this new blog further...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a weapon of sorts at first. Totally awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I'm intrigued. I use an old curling iron that I took the clamp off. Maybe it's time for an upgrade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am OBSESSED with my bombshell... except i dropped it yesterday and it hit my chest on the way door and SERIOUSLY burned me. Otherwise, we're in a very committed relationship. Its changed my hair habits forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bombshell is amazing! It is sooo easy and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it means I get Lily Aldridge hair, sign me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try this thing right away. I've never heard of it and I'm thinking now may be the time to investigate. Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am completely and utterly sold on this product! They have described my hair to a T and I want that look so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this fabulous post :)
    XX ~ Trésors De Luxe

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!