Friday, March 18, 2011

March My Favorite Find: Mackenzie of Design Darling

Hello Loves! Today we continue with "My Favorite Find" and have Mackenzie, a fabulous lady who is a RUE contributor, has worked for Jonathan Adler, and has the most inspiring little blog I have ever seen


Hi there! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm thrilled to be guest posting on Sweet Nothings. Thank you so much, Danielle, for having me today!


My favorite recent find has been Loren Hope Designs' jewelry. I'm starting to get more into jewelry as I look to expand my collegiate wardrobe into looks that will be office-appropriate after my graduation in May. Loren's pieces are perfect for the job (pun intended!) since they tastefully add interest to basic separates like white blouses and t-shirts. I already own a few of her gorgeous pieces and I can't wait to add more to my collection!


The first piece I own is the Sophie clear bib necklace ($75). Lately I've been pairing it with a gray t-shirt, navy blazer, and topknot for a look that's unfussy but pulled together. It's completely decadent but goes with absolutely everything. Hello, obsessed.



The coolest thing about LHD jewels is that you can buy a
long gold chain ($45) and switch out pendants like this turquoise deco number ($45). Loren's pendants are affordable and so versatile you'd be crazy not to check them out. I wore mine for a girls' night out and I can't tell you how many compliments it brought in!



LHD's flapper tassel necklace in coral ($88) is definitely nearing the top of my wishlist. I love the 1920s influence, the combination of gold and coral, and the dangly tassels at the end. It makes even a simple black tank look completely fabulous!

To continue the turquoise trend that seems to be happening in my jewelry box, I'm thinking my next purchase will be this fringe necklace ($115). Can you imagine it with a simple shift dress come summer? I want need.



I was so thrilled to stumble upon a shop whose jewels are as chic as they are wearable. I can't wait to expand my own collection and I hope you'll do the same!



xoxo


Mackenzie





Shop away ladies..you know I will be!


7 comments:

  1. this is one of my fav blogs as well! The header is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that lovely introduction! So sweet of you to have me. Have a wonderful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that turquoise pendant-- so gorgeous! Thanks for introducing me to this site!

    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these finds! And lovely blog! So thrilled to have found it via Mackenzie's blog. Following now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to have a guest blogger! And these finds are great..:)

    Vilte
    http://laceoftime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find! I will have to go check them out. LOVE that pendant.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!