Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Wisdom from Around the Blogosphere


One of the things I just find amazing about blogging is that someone else somewhere can post something, and it is exactly what you needed to read or see.

Over the last week three of my favorite blogs have had quotes up that I read at work and just was instantly filled with emotions because of various things going on. So I figured I would share, and also share their blogs so you too could be inspired





Don’t be afraid to fall in love. It’s the only thing that matters in life. The only thing. Do you understand what I’m telling you? … You just fall in love with as many things as possible.~Country Strong
Found on the most amazing tumblr blog ever, Live to the Point of Tears. This girl seriously is amazing and her wisdom has helped me out more than a few times.Please disregard how absolute creepy that sounds


I had a thought tonight. I was thinking about love and how foolish it is to allow most of your happiness to depend on its presence or lack. I’m sure it’s wonderful. I understand the ache for it, I do. But how can you let your personal happiness depend so much on someone else’s actions? This is your journey and no one else’s and if they happen to converge for a bit, well then that’s beautiful. But what if they depart? If you spend your days waiting for the person, the love, to make you happy, are you prepared to give up that happiness if it doesn’t work out?

I believe in love. I hope for love. But tonight I had a thought that I want to be happy whether I’m alone or there’s someone next to me. I want my personal happiness to run so deep that nothing can disturb it. I want my happiness to be an undeniable part of me. Love comes and goes but I’m not willing to have my happiness be so fleeting; the world is just too beautiful and life too short to waste any of it being made miserable by circumstance
Found on Nicole Marie's blog, La Mia Vita


"The first thing is to decide on the deepest level that the thing you love doing is worth doing, so much so that it is worthy of obsession. That’s the fire that starts the engine. After that, you must promise yourself to work extremely hard and do good work everyday, and that you will never give up, no matter what. Just say, “I will never give up, I will never give up, I will never give up,” like the little engine that could. When you decide this, everything you want is yours —it’s just a matter of working hard and pushing through the hard parts with a grin on your face. The grin comes from knowing you can do it because you decided you would."~Emerson Made

found on Carolyns blog, Tilly Maison(whose chevron etsy trays are on my wishlist)

3 comments:

  1. those are some great quotes! thanks for sharing. I hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing... sometimes a quote can completely help uplift you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three of them :) And I love that there are always people out there that are going through the exact same thing as you. It's comforting...also Live.to.the.point.of.tears got me through a really tough time. She is amazing. As are you!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!