Friday, May 27, 2011

Remembering the Fallen

There's only two people who's ever died for me
Laid down their lives just so I could be free
They both went through hell, beared crosses and shells
Both got back up again after they fell
They never picked a fight but were there to pick up the pieces
God only knows where we'd be without soldiers and Jesus
To me they're both heroes for the path that they chose
Because one fights for my life, one fights for my soul...~James Otto


As we sit around with family, friends, baseball and beer with weekend-and our extra day off work-keep in mind who and what we are celebrating. To the men and women of our armed forces who have given the ultimate sacrifice, their families, and to all of our troops still away from home. We love you. We honor you. And I will be raising my glass to you on Monday

Happy weekend kittens! Be back on Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. thank you for putting things into perspective. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to that!! ;)

    Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am touched by this post. Thank you for some great food for thought.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great long weekend - great post!

    http://mstwirlyskirts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on my reading from last week, loved all your posts of course, especially this one!

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!