Friday, August 19, 2011

August My Favorite Find: Victoria of vmac+cheese


Happy Friday dolls! I am so excited for this month's guest for My Favorite Find: Victoria of vmac+cheese. I am so glad I found her blog for a daily dose of food, fabulous fashion finds, and reminders of what I love in San Francisco. And she is an absolute sweetheart. Enjoy!!


Happy Friday, Sweet Nothings readers! Victoria here from vmac+cheese. I'm so excited Danielle has asked me to participate in this month's Favorite Find! I love reading about what other bloggers can't live without, so I am equally happy to share one of my absolute must haves.

A bit of background: a few months ago, I started switching out a lot of my beauty products for more natural alternatives. There have definitely been some hits and misses along the way, but one of the best lines I've come across -- of any brand, both natural or otherwise -- is RMS Beauty. Founded by Rose Marie Swift, a longtime industry makeup artist, RMS Beauty consists of a line of completely natural and organic makeup products. Even better? The finished look is AMAZING.



Rose Marie is the makeup artist to Gisele and many other models and celebrities. You really can't argue with results like this:



I mean, if it's good enough for the Louis Vuitton campaign, it's definitely good enough for me!

I hate wearing foundation, so on a daily basis, I use little dabs of the Un-Cover Up, which can be used like a concealer. It blends so well and is SO good for your skin -- it can actually help heal blemishes! My absolute FAVORITE RMS product, however, is the Living Luminizer. I searched for what feels like years to find the perfect skin highlighter. I hate when highlighters are too sparkly or shimmery, and this stuff is neither. It blends seamlessly, and the finished look is just a gorgeous, dewy glow. I've had so many people ask me about my skincare routine, and I swear it's because this stuff just makes you look so vibrant.

The best part about RMS products (other than being truly natural and good for your skin) is that there is no water in them. That means that they seriously last FOREVER! While pricey, I first purchased my RMS products in early May of this year, and they hardly look like they've been used. It's absolutely worth the investment!

If you can, definitely check out RMS Beauty. I usually am all over the place with beauty brands, always in search of the next best thing, but I can guarantee RMS will be in my makeup bag for life!

5 comments:

  1. i am so happy someone else is LOVNG RMS! it is my savior!! seriously it is my pot of gold!! covers everything flawlessly without looking like makeup!
    what a great series miss danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um.....had to come back and just let you know that "blogger" just made me type in u-r-i-n-a-t-e, to confirm i wasn't spam....
    i think he needs to be let out to pee.
    love,
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will have to try it out!

    happy Friday!

    http://mstwirlyskirts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for having me today Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a daily reader of vmac and cheese! Love all of Victoria's posts about fashion and food. I have a few of her recipes on my "must make" list.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!