Thursday, March 29, 2012

Resolution Recap 1


With March ending in a few days (ummmm) I thought maybe every few months I should hold myself accountable and let you ladies know where I am on my resolutions.....


-BE HEALTHIER
(needs lots of work. seems to be going the opposite direction.)

-BE MORE OUTGOING
(meh....)

-DATE MORE
(well, my default I am having lots and lots of first dates. Not much else. have been really really frustrated with it and have given up dating about 4 times this year)

-LET GO OF THE PAST
(trying. lack of successful dates aren't helping)

-READ MORE BOOKS. WATCH LESS TV.
(I am watching less tv. haven't really had a lot of time to read..leave any suggestions in the comments)

-GO BACK TO CHURCH-REALISTICALLY AIM TO GET THERE ONE SUNDAY A MONTH
(Ash Wednesday. Easter next week. Not exactly doing great on this one)

-WRITE HANDWRITTEN NOTES.
( I have done this a little more)

-CALL MY GRANDPARENTS MORE
( another one I have accomplished a little bit more, unfortunately due to some health issues. A reminder that I really need to make sure I keep up with this one)


-LEARN HOW TO DO MY OWN MAKEUP/HAIR(GOD WON'T THAT SAVE ME MONEY AT DRYBAR)
(I did take a makeup class at Blushington that has helped! Still need to master the hair)
-MASTER A SIGNATURE DISH AND COCKTAIL
(nope)

-ALONG WITH DATING-ESTABLISH A SIGNATURE, GO TO DATE OUTFIT
(have a great first date outfit. Haven't really needed the rest. See above)

-ACTUALLY WEAR THE CLOTHES IN MY CLOSET. REMIND MYSELF I DON'T NEED A NEW OUTFIT FOR EVERYTHING
(doing a little better on this one. Really trying to curb my spending)

-MORE BLOGGER BRUNCHES/LUNCHES/DATES
(yay! have been successful at this one! had at least one blog date a month)

-DECORATE AND SHARE MY NEW PLACE
(slowly but surely. I do hope to do this by years end-my job luckily always has my creative juices flowing on this)

-JOIN A CLUB/GROUP
(not sure when I'm getting the time for this.)

all and all I have a long way to go and headway to make, but revisiting them is helping me keep them in the front of my mind. How are you ladies doing on your 2012 goals?


image by Inslee

6 comments:

  1. im excited to see pics of the new place when you do decide to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this accountability check-in. It's great to see where you are at because it shows you're a real person who is actually acknowledging her real New Years resolutions and not forgetting about them two weeks later. Plus it's refreshing for others and reminds us to either get on track or to keep going. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea. resolutions are so tough, but its good to check back in. also cannot wait to see the new place!! totally love your adorable blog. looking forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are getting there darling! way to check in! see you sunday!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful! i'm sure everything will come together as the year unfolds. they are works in progress, not an overnight thing.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!