Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Friday---Resolutions Update

With it almost the end of July (um omg) I figured it is time for another update on some of my 2012 resolutions (see update one here ) Let's just say I think my progress has backtracked tremendously

BE HEALTHIER
(wowsa. I think I may be in some of the most unhealthy habits and shape I have been for a while)

-BE MORE OUTGOING
(yeah...I am possibly even more shy than before?)

-DATE MORE
(well, I've given up dating about 10 times this year. It is so hard. Being single is even harder, so I keep on trecking. Dating in Los Angeles is. so. hard. I make terrible choices)

-LET GO OF THE PAST
(omg. so not good at this.)

-READ MORE BOOKS. WATCH LESS TV.
(I am watching less tv. read the 50 grey series...I really need to read something substantial next.)

-GO BACK TO CHURCH-REALISTICALLY AIM TO GET THERE ONE SUNDAY A MONTH
(I am not going to lie, I am really struggling with my faith and am not sure where I am going with this one)

-WRITE HANDWRITTEN NOTES.
( I have done this a little more)

-CALL MY GRANDPARENTS MORE
( I've tried to do this a little more!)


-LEARN HOW TO DO MY OWN MAKEUP/HAIR(yeah, I found a place that blows my hair out for 15.00--I'm never learning how to do my own hair)

-MASTER A SIGNATURE DISH AND COCKTAIL
(well, I made this for a boy, with sides of mac n cheese and potatoes. It turned out great. I never saw him again. Ill gladly tell you why in a personal message. It wasn't my steak.

-ALONG WITH DATING-ESTABLISH A SIGNATURE, GO TO DATE OUTFIT
(have a great first date outfit for summer dates. my other go too was for fall/winter)

-ACTUALLY WEAR THE CLOTHES IN MY CLOSET. REMIND MYSELF I DON'T NEED A NEW OUTFIT FOR EVERYTHING
(doing a little better on this one. Really trying to curb my spending)

-MORE BLOGGER BRUNCHES/LUNCHES/DATES
(yay! have been successful at this one! had at least one blog date a month)

-DECORATE AND SHARE MY NEW PLACE
(slowly but surely. I do hope to do this by years end-my job luckily always has my creative juices flowing on this)

-JOIN A CLUB/GROUP
(not sure when I'm getting the time for this.)

So, I've for sure backtracked, with less time less in 2012 than I'd like.....How are you ladies doing?



8 comments:

  1. I don't even know if I set a resolution this year so you're WAY ahead of me.. Go you! lol

    Way to hold yourself accountable!

    If you put "be more self aware" on your list, I think you could check that off and put a gold star next to it : )

    50 shades counts as good, educational reading I'm sure ; )

    Dating sucks in general I think. I give up. Throwing in the towel.


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh girl....the guy radar.....KILLING ME! It's like we (women) are blessed with intuition (that we usually don't follow) and guys have a sickly weird sense for radar haha! Just remember your not the only one and its hard to make changes. Everyday is a new start! If you ever want to share dating stories for some fun laughs let me know haha!
    -Hope
    www.MakeupHope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT! Focus on the easier stuff first and then it will give you the confidence to master all the other stuff. Like drinking more water and eating more fruit will make you feel a lot healthier. And that practically accomplishes that one. As far as the $15 blowout goes - I really can't blame you. But you definitely have time to turn this list around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two religions: Christianity and the Giants. I think that's actually why I started following you? I was like, "She's a Giants fan...I can trust her." I recently heard a quote that said faith is released more by what we say (our words/attitude) and less by what we do. I think you do a great job of writing a great blog that's really welcoming to all sorts of folks...so don't overlook that. Plus calling your grandparents & writing notes is a form of encouragement to others. That's the good stuff in life.

    $15 blowouts - amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals and I know you can achieve this stuff. I have heard dating is hard in LA, but I'm glad you are out there trying! I am the same way about being shy but have started to reach out to other bloggers in Dallas and I have had so much fun! I wish we were in the same city..I would make you hang out with me. haha! You can do it you can do it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's as if you read my mind! i totes was going to do an update on my resolutions!

    i think you are doing good, girl! you can do it! you got a new job and that is worth something!!!

    can't wait for saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you need some book suggestions I just read two Nora Ephron books and loved them. She's funny and I found some great quotes in her books too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're looking for a good book, I suggest "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green (which is young adult, romantic, and sad) or "13 Reasons Why" by Jay Asher (which is young adult, kind of intense, and they're about to make it into a movie). :)

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!