Monday, December 17, 2012

And we're back....


*I wrote this post before the terrible and tragic events that took place in Newtown on Friday and debated not publishing it. I feel like everything I posted about just doesn't even matter. My heart just aches for these families* 
Sweet Nothings is officially back. Slowly. I thought today was a fitting day to start this journey again..it is my 28th birthday. For some reason, it is an age that sounds really old. There are so many things I thought I would've done by now, accomplished. Things I would have seen; love I would have shared; experiences I would hold onto, trying to not forget. 




Twenty-seven was a year that was filled with a lot; which was part of the reason I took the last four months off... I've had to deal with people moving away, with seeing those closest to me in pain, and constantly pushing off my own feelings as not valid.  I struggled with a loss of faith-in people, in God, in love and relationships. I worked too much. I let myself go.  I watched way too much Bravo. I accepted the way people treated me because I didn't believe I deserved any better. I drank way too much wine. I felt lost, constantly, which made me feel even more lost because I thought by now I was supposed to be over all of this. But not to say it was all bad..I moved into a new apartment, worked at an amazing job and was promoted, watched some of my closest friends have babies and see the absolute joy my new nieces and nephews bring to their (and my) lives, and have had some really special people enter my life, people I cannot imagine my life without now-even if some of them now live a few states away. I sat in the rain in San Francisco and watched the NY Giants kick a field goal to go the Superbowl,  reconnected some old friendships, and I saw Mumford and Sons at the Hollywood Bowl, which was almost like a religious experience in itself.

So, what can I expect from the year ahead? I have no idea. I know January will be rough, my mom is having a double masectomy, but two weeks later her and my dad will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary, and we are taking a huge, family vacation next summer to celebrate-location TBD as we have to make our presentations over Christmas. Come April, I cannot wait to spend another amazing weekend with some of my closest friends at Stagecoach. And next August, I plan to run a half-marathon.  I hope to have a lot more blog dates with some pretty special ladies, and lots of puppy snuggles. Continue to work for a great company.  I didn't forget I promised you all a lovely little apartment tour, I hope to paint and get it ready to show. And come October, my ten year high school reunion.


So, bear with me in the next few weeks as I get my footing back to five posts a week and in the swing of things. There are so many look for less posts, house tours, workouts, quotes, and recipes I have been ready to share. I'm excited to catch up with this amazing community, a community of people I have truly missed. And if there's no readers left, well that's ok too.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! I will be thinking of your mother...please keep us posted. She is brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like life. Its never easy all the time. I am glad to have you back, 28 will be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Boo to our 10-year high school reunion. Terrifying. Hope to build an empire or acquire some property, a man, a baby and/or a puppy by then!

    xoxo,
    La Petite Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you're back! lots of thoughts and prayers for your mom, hope she heals quickly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!!! You are back!!! Saying prayers for your mom and family :)

    Can't wait to see you back in action xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have you back my friend, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Cheers to bigger and better for 28! What half are you planning to run? I am itching to run one too! But first...mimosas!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. First things first... Happy Birthday (for the second time today) May God Bless you with all that is good, fill your desires in ways that will honor Him... May he fill your year with Joy, contentment and peace... Praying for
    a full recovery for your Mom, knowing God will keep her in his Tender care... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH!!!!! It is so nice to have you back!!!!! I have missed you. I hope you had a fabulous birthday and I hope this year is the best one yet!

    xx,

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am SOOOO happy you are back. seriously.

    i miss you. let's brunch soon pretty please!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. im so sorry this year has had so many trying moments for you, danielle. i am happy you have posted again, its good to see you back.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Back! I was so excited when I saw your blog pop up in my reader:) Your mom is in my thoughts. Glad you have something fun planned to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have found you right when you are coming back! Exciting to see what you will have coming up! Enjoy your holidays! xoKatie
    www.suburbansparkle.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your honesty. It's refreshing and relate-able. Hang in there, we celebrate joys by the minute and see disasters as defining the weeks.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!