Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Beginnings...

I am so excited to leave 2012 behind and have a fresh start for the upcoming year!! Here are some of my goals and resolutions for myself and the blog in the coming year:

* get back to blogging five days a week and potentially add a new blog series.



To be honest, I was really nervous to come back to blogging, and probably wouldn't have unless I had the support of a friend who reminded me of some of the reasons I started blogging in the first place. I was so intimidated to jump back in when it seems like every blogger seems to have turned their blog into a career and has 4x the comments and followers I ever had. Based on the feedback I've received from writing more personal posts (such as this one and this one) I think I may try to add a few more into the mix. I have been really inspired by Sally and Molly's weekly Toast Talk.



* Focus on me a little more



Admitting you have a problem is the first step right, so here we go: I never put myself first. ever. I hate if people are upset with me, hate disappointing people, and hardly ever tell anyone no. I will always be the one to take on the project no one else will, and work all weekend.  I put my needs about 35 steps behind others. Someone put it perfectly over the weekend, "you're too nice and don't want anyone to know you're upset with them, so you always say its ok or fine." So this year, I am going to say no to others (appropriately, and if the time is right obviously) and say yes to myself a little more.



* Make My House a Home

 It takes me about a year to be settled somewhere. I have coworkers who are completely set up in a new apartment 48 hours after moving in..not me. I am finally ready to tackle a few projects around my apartment. The first up is tackling painting the living area in February, followed by updating my kitchen table, find a desk and mirror for my bedroom, this clothing rack project, and painting the campaign dressers I purchased in October.

*Take More Pictures

 I'm 100% positive this is on my list every year. Danielle...TAKE.MORE.PICTURES. and maybe upgrade to a big girl camera.

*Reach Some Fitness Goals

 It's no secret, I feel better if I start my day working out. I'm happier, I feel accomplished, and I'm more likely not to snack all day. That being said, when you work the hours I sometimes work, it is really hard to roll out of bed when the alarm goes off at 4am.  Lucky for me, I have a few things spread out throughout the year to keep me focused on my fitness goals: Stagecoach in April, Family Vacation in July (more details on that to come next week), Disney Half-Marathon in August, and my 10-year High School reunion in October(eek.)  I have some great pinterest motivation and have my half-marathon training for beginners all printed out. I'm also thinking about joining this running club, though it starts Saturday, so I should probably figure that out.



Cheers to some new beginnings. It may be too early to say this but I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a good year.
What are some of your upcoming goals for 2013??

11 comments:

  1. I felt the same way after I came back from a blogging break last year. Super intimidating! Just keep posting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Just came across your blog and I am your newest follower. I just joined the blog world and I am loving it, definitely a nice creative outlet!

    xx
    Staci

    http://www.leatherandleops.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you and love these goals....I'm with you on the pictures...the only ones I ever seem to take are of E or the dogs.

    xoxo,
    J

    http://www.hautegranola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, D!! You motivate and inspire me! So so SO happy you're back to your blog, I've been missing my daily read! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! We're all in this together :).

    xoxo,
    La Petite Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen on the blogging front, friend! Keep at it - you make the internet a better place! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year lover! ummmm you have to keep blogging, i love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After the long holidays I've kinda taken a break from blogging. I always get so intimidated, everyone seems to have a really great topic to blog about or really awesome pictures, plus the pressures of the real world. I have gotten back to blogging but I can probably only commit to one post per week. Oh and I'm with you on taking more pictures. This year I hope to be best friends with my camera, get to know it better and hopefully take awesome pictures. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so happy you are back and i love your goals! you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these resolutions - they're all so real and inspiring. I completely agree with the blogging one. It always feels like everyone else is taking off and I'm still stuck a million paces behind.

    ReplyDelete

...thanks for the comments sweetness!