Fellow SMC alum and food blogger Gaby of What's Gaby Cooking posted this amazing recipe on Monday for Merlot brownies she developed with Barefoot Wine. You can bet I will be making these next week to bring to the office on Thursday
pictures and recipe taken from What's Gaby Cooking
Red Wine Brownies
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Barefoot Merlot
For the brownies
For the Merlot Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth. Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 tin foil lined baking pan and place it into the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done.
- While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze. Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
- When the brownies are done, let them cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula.